Translate

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese 牛(New) Year ~ 黑皮牛耳~ 2009*

Happy Chinese New Year... 黑皮牛耳 (Hei Pi Niu Er)... LOL...

For those who can't read Chinese character, the direct translation of 黑皮牛耳 is "Black Skin Cow Ear". While the Hanyu Pinyin is "Hei Pi Niu Er", simply just similar sound to Happy New Year... I learned this through a friend of mine. Funny isn't it?

This year is also the year of ox (牛), which in Chinese (Mandarin) pronouns as "Niu", some how similarly to the sound of "new". That's why I can text most of my friends Happy Chinese 牛 Year!!!

So this festive season is kinda normal routine for me. As usual, I need to help out my mum a bit such as cleaning the house - although I spend more time cleaning and tidying my own room, and drive her here and there to get most of the stuff needed for this festive season.

As you all know that last night was the special occasion for the Chinese to have their Reunion Dinner. Well, my family went to my grandpa's place in Kepong for the reunion dinner. I think I don't need to explain much about it, as you can see it in the picture here...

~Reunion Dinner~

As for today, the first day of CNY, I need to go visiting relatives. But then this year luckily only two places to go before I need to go to my uncle there as the last stop. So as usual again, we went to my granduncle's house then my grandaunt's house. They are the main places to go so everyone will gather there. So all angpow also get it from there, which I mean those far relatives.

Nothing much I can say also as nothing special as usual just all those chit chatting with cousins and aunties, uncles. So after all those, the last stop, my uncle's place for a lunch before we went back home. But what capture my attention is this little kitten that my aunt petting now. Cute little Siamese kitten, although I prefer other type of cat and colour. Anyway, cat is still cute. LOL...

~Isn't it cute~

No comments: