Translate

Friday, November 6, 2009

Things I Wanted To Do

It's been almost a whole month I have been working with AIA Shared Services Sdn Bhd. Basically, I feel like I missed out a lot of my own sweet time of catching some great movies, doing things that I wanted to, and worst of all is that I lose some weight.

Just in this short period of time, I am able to lose 2kg. I felt so guilty and sad even though I do not think that I eat any lesser than I used to be. If Douglas saw what I wrote here, he must be feeling so bad. He will wanna be me. LOL.

I have been working most of the time, I mean only weekdays, however most of the day I got to stay back a little bit more late to finish up my work to meet my daily quota. It actually kinda stress at times as well.

Anyway, work is work. I have to take it as an experience and hope I will learn something from it. I might not be (most probably) working with this company for ages. It may be a stepping stone for me. This company of mine soon will be moving to Cyberjaya. So, considering a better offer job is not a bad choice too. LOL.

After started working, seriously I feel that lack of contact with the world or friends too. Everyone is busy with their life to attent to. Push aside this, I even feel that I have less time to do things that I wanted to. For example, I wanted to self-learn my Japanese language, spent some time to read my magazine, etc.

Life is kind of miserable at times. We can't have all the things we want. We can only pray to God and hope that with His grace, everything will goes well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terence,

I've been offered a job at AIA Shared Services & would like to hear your view on what's the office culture there. Would you recommend someone to work there? What's good and bad about working with AIA Shared Services? Appreciate your opinion! Thank you.

Regards
Joe

Terence Takumi said...

Hi Joe,

It's pretty weird to reply you here in my own blog as you did not leave me any contact or email. Well, the working environment there is pretty good. As for myself, I'm pretty OK with it in my team. I'm not too sure about other teams but I think it should be alright. Do you have any idea which team you will be in? Maybe we will be in the same team. LOL.

The good things about working with AIASS are you learn a lot about insurance policies and stuff, and since it's still a new company, there is so much more we can learn and built ourselves with it.

The bad of it might be since it's still a new company, there are a lot of things to learn. Furthermore, we are moving to Cyberjaya next year. If you stay far for it, then it will be the cons to your situation.

Hope to see you soon when you joined us. I hope this little bit of information helps you.

Regards,
Terence

Anonymous said...

Hi Terence,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply! I don't think I'll be working in same dept as you if I take the job :) but I guess what I'd like to know is what are the bosses like, for example, do they treat people with respect or do they shout at you in public? How does AIASS view work life balance? Do they have any extra curricular activities for staff? What are the benefits like?
Do get to go on training to improve yourself?

Thanks in advance again!

Regards,
Joe

Terence Takumi said...

Hi Joe,

I have no idea how is other department bosses are like. For my department, well it's pretty like a family thing going around. Me personally have not encounter any experience been shouted by any of my bosses yet so I can't tell will you be scolded badly if you do serious mistake.

However, AIASS really have a lot of activities. Basically we have small party for the birthday month colleagues every month and some celebration like for this coming Christmas.

About going for training, then it depends on which department are you in and what position you are in too. I really have no idea on that matter.

Regards,
Terence

Winnie said...

emmm... sound like quite threatening to me as a new comer to AIASS leh... but at last u decided to leave too... i do agree, it is quite tough to work there, as i am still trying my best to be better in order to meet daily minimum target...