Translate

Friday, February 19, 2010

My First Pita Bread Failure

Today, I thought to try out the Mediterranean starter called Hummus, which consist of pita bread and chick peas paste. However, I do not want to make things go too far, so I started with the pita bread. Since it is the first time I try out this recipe, it is like trial and error baking session.


As predicted, I failed to make the pita bread I wanted it to be or as good as the one I ate at the Mediterranean cuisine restaurant. I follow the whole recipe, probably the volume of water or something goes not too right, the bread turns out to be slightly tough.

The worst of all is that it does not pop and having the pocket shape in it. Only 2 pieces seems do the trick but still tough or slightly dry. I guess next time I need to add more water. Anyway, it still edible. LOL. Still consider some achievement. At least I learn something from this failure.

If my bread work out, then it's time for me to try out the chick peas paste and it will be perfect then. I can't wait to the time to come. However, I also need time to try out my recipes and sharpen my baking skill since so long I did not bake.

The only problem I am facing is that stupid oven I have. It does not bake evenly. Probably that is why my bread does not work out well. LOL. I am seems to be blaming the oven for my failure. When I successfully bake a good pita bread and preparing the Hummus, I will let the one who inspire me to make this food to try it first hand. ^^

No comments: