Translate

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Waltz Friendly Match At Fitness First, IOI Mall

My gym had organised a small ballroom competition yesterday. It was really fun. It't not those official kind of ballroom competition or else, I will be definitely out of the game in the first round. LOL. However, I think by organising such event really helps us to enjoy ourselves and know where we are standing. The most important is I think it will help us to improve ourself.

We started with 9 pairs of us if I'm not mistaken. Every round we dance, the bottom two pairs will have to leave us. Anyway, since it's not an official dance competition, it's just a small friendly match kind of thing, there is not winner or loser. We just ended up competing for the best three pairs. So there are 3 rounds of Waltz to dance. Below is the photo we took together after the competion. Too bad not all the girls there, but all the guys are there. LOL.
Personally, I think everyone putting quite a lot of effort to this friendly match and everyone is a winner since we all have the guts to compete with each other. The match began with the ladies draw the name of the male partner from the male pool list. It's a random selection so that we can dance around with different people yet improving ourselves together.

Maggie, Kelvin's wife picked me up. So I will be her partner for the competition. Well, she is really a good in Waltz. I think she dances better than me a lot and thanks to her helping me up at the dance floor. LOL. I think your both the male and female play a very important role togehter to make the dance a success. It's mutual understanding, respect, and toleration that need to be taken place in order to make it look good.

So I guess I'm lucky to be in the final 3. Well, I guess I do remember my steps kind of well. I think I did very minimal mistake on the steps, maybe the pose and the expression is kind of hard to control since I don't practise often. Imagine it I only dance once a week, two at most at the gym. It's not that I dance quite often at those dance school or stuff. It's really something for me, I mean the experience. Anyway, below is the photo of the best three pairs, of course including me myself. LOL.

No comments: