Translate

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Dental Operation

Yesterday, 8th of August (08.08.08), I went for dental operation at Khoo Dental Clinic (Klinik Pergigian Khoo), OUG. I have an impacted wisdom tooth. It have cause me a lot of inconvenient especially after food. It is hard to clean the area. Food tends to trap there and I gotta brush my teeth very often to keep clean.

My dentist have recommended me to do the operation ages ago but then I don't have the time and the cash to do it. However, I have to do it now cause it started to bleed more often when I brush my teeth. Well, the operation cost me RM700 for one tooth. It really burn a whole in my wallet for this wisdom tooth. *sob sob*

My X-ray

So I've decided to fix the problem. I went for the surgical for my left wisdom tooth that cause me most problem. The right one I will just leave it at the time. I don't print money as you know. So I just fixed one tooth than both. I guess it is a best decision right now because if I pluck out both side, I don't think I'm able to eat anything. Now, I'm only able to eat porridge or something soft. The rest, I gotta chew slowly or else it is painful.

The surgery wasn't really painfully cause I was given anesthetic (painkiller) before it. The syringe the used to penetrate my gum and inject those anesthetic looks horrible to me. LOL. The moment that the dentist (Dr. Peter Liuk) plucking it out even worst. He was like trying to stab the tool into my tooth and get out the pieces of my tooth.

Look at that tool that used to inject the painkiller to my gum...

The tooth that I plucked out... RM700 for this tooth... My $$$ flied away

The broken apart wisdom tooth

So as you can see the parts of my wisdom tooth, that is what RM700 cost for me. To break it apart and get it out, stitch back my gum and a period of inconvenience - especially my eating habit cause I love to eat. I gotta take some medication given which consist 2 antibiotics (Metronidazole & Amoxycillin) and a painkiller (Ponstan). I gotta get back there next week to get rid of the stitches.

My painkiller and antibiotics

For more information about impacted wisdom tooth, check out at this website.

No comments: