Translate

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ghost Festival

In Chinese tradition, Ghost Festival is celebrated every year according to the Chinese calender (a lunisolar calendar) on the 14th night of the seventh lunar month. For further understanding about this day, please refer to Wikipedia.

As usual, parents will advise us not to go out late at night or come home too late. Preferable not after 11pm or 12am. They worry that we will bump into those 'dirty' things and get us some misfortune or bad luck or bad things happen to us.

Well, I don't really care much about those. Maybe I'm not that superstitious. However, I'm rotting at home now. I've just helped my mother with the 'paper burning' (where I personally thinks that's kinda not environmental friendly - causing so much air pollution, releasing a bunch of carbon dioxide and increase global warming). Although I'm not very environmental, but I still think that this few Chinese festivals seems pretty harsh to the environment (toxicating the air that we breath).

Since nobody asking me out tonight, I'll be at home (that's why I'm blogging here) doing nothing. I guess I'll have to sleep early tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to meet up Chee Yuen for gym. I gotta replace my Fitness First member card since I lost it that day working out at The Curve. Then at noon, going to meet up my cousin, accompany him to watch "Final Destination".

I can't find anyone want to watch that movie with me. Anyway, I hate watching horror movie at cinema. I gonna embarrass myself there because I'll jump around. I don't know how long I can last in the cinema. Maybe next time I should learn to say NO. So, the day after Ghost festival, I'm going to watch such a horror movie, hope I wouldn't get heart attack. Pray hard to God ^^.

No comments: